Tuesday 19 October 2010

JYJ Showcase..

The constricting feeling in my chest got worse the further I moved away from Stadium Negara. By the time I'd settled into my KFC early dinner an hour later, I was thoroughly depressed.

Seriously, I tried.

I tried so hard to be supportive of them. I bought the pricey tickets. I roasted myself in the sun for nearly three hours waiting in line for admittance. I bought the CD afterwards (because I sincerely loved the songs). I even joined the crowd in kicking and screaming whenever they performed live - which cumulatively sums up to about half an hour tops - all so I could see them happy at our show of undying love.

But that's the problem. They weren't happy.

Xiah toned-down considerably, compared to the usual happy virus that he is. There were no jokes, no attempts at gags. There was not even a hint of that trademark laughter everyone loves so much. Just plain, serious Junsu giving textbook answers to equally textbook questions.

Yuchun was visibly strained from having to involuntarily lead the team. Gone was the cheeky Micky we couldn't help adoring. Being the only one of the three to understand english, questions were inadvertently directed to him. He tried including everyone else in the conversation, particularly the despondent Jae, but that just serves to make the situation worse.

Speaking of Jae..

My heart really went out to him. Joongie seemed so out of place, and restless! Like a lost child looking for someone to belong to. He skirted questions, and left his best friend scrambling to handle the show alone. Honestly, he looked as if he was desperately wishing a certain beloved member would just pop out onto the stage to hold him and calm his nerves.

It was heartbreaking to see Jae hug himself, so much that the image has become the only thing I remembered about the show.

Diehard fans can say what they will, but it is clear to me that at least for now, the trio is lost without Yunho's leadership and Changmin's strength.

No, I'm not saying JYJ will never make it. Heaven knows they have all the potential. They are afterall, the three lead vocals of TVXQ. It's just.. there are some things in life you just can't go without. Talent is a great posession, but talent without love and support from the those who mean the world to you won't really go anywhere.

TVXQ, AKTF.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ramai betoi budak sekarang rosak akhlak sbb penyanyi koria

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.....maksud saya enyanyi lelaki yang suka pakai telinga arnab tu...risau saya

Anonymous said...

entah lah..

Opie said...

Penyanyi lelaki yang suka pakai telinga arnab tu.. (O_o)?

Bro.. banyak lagi benda dekat Malaysia ni yang boleh merosakkan akhlak. Takyah tengok jejauh..

Pokoknya, tak salah orang lain bangsa kita rosak.

Salah kita dan kedaifan jati diri bangsa kita sendiri.

Rasanya, meminati sekadar untuk meminati tak salah..^^

Anonymous said...

im a fan of TVXQ too~u've been there to show your support, that would be enough. I really adore xiah and jaejoong voice, so just wish all the best to them k. envy you, cant go there to show them that they are not alone~ (T_T)

Opie said...

Anonymous,

Kyaaah! thank you so much for your comment! it made me feel better.. And yes, you're absolutely right. I tend to lose sight of what I'm trying to do when I'm depressed..

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your chance to show them your support someday. If you're in Malaysia, maybe we could go together.. =^.^=

Kecikjer said...

oh onna..

there is no one more depressed than me when i dun see my angel smile T-T

its a hard time for the boys and the fans. But we'll get through it. The showcase was awesome though. It was better than i expected.

But 5 would've rocked the stage.

AKTF

Opie said...

@ Pura

You know what's strange though?

I was on SYC, and the boys looked great on camera! Plus they had a wonderful presscon after..^^

I guess sometimes what you're seeing (especially when it's a hundred meters away) can sometimes decieve you..

Hoping for the best, ne? ^^


AKTF

Ann said...

unnie~

as promised..nk gmbar junsu. did u get it???

huahh...rindu nya masa dbsk together..

Opie said...

Ann,

Huhu.. akak siap bawak DSLR lagi, tapi hapah gambar stage pun tak dapat. Huaaaaaaaa!

Apparently, DSLR tak dibenarkan dalam stadium. Official media dan badan berdaftar je yg dibenarkan pakai DSLR. Peminat semua amik gambar pakai camera biasa atau camera hp. Kiranya, camera akak terlalu 'pro' untuk concert.. Cis, pembaziran!

But, Junsu was really really cute! Nanti akak bagi gambar yg fandom akak amik untuk concert tu, ne? ;p

Anonymous said...

Salam kak sofie,

sheri's here.....try hard to reach you, sms, phone calls, now just try this out..I'm just gonna to say that I want to refund you for the house's deposit last time you paid to move in stayed with us...so can you give me even a short call or sms to my no. 013-3006534. Or even if you don't want your money back also give me a sms because that one isn't halal for us till you say so....hehhehe...

p/s: what have u been doing lately? just wanna keep in touch...;p

p/s2:pls response yeah...

Opie said...

Salam Sheri,

Sorry it's been so hard to reach me.. Line dekat FRIM is very bad for Maxis. No one can reach me unless they call the office. By the way, thank you so much for keeping in touch! :)

Akak currently dekat Perancis, dan akan ada kat sini sampai 3 nov. 2010. Regarding the house deposit, I'll call you as soon as I get back, ya..

What have I been doing lately? hehehe, macam2.. I'm trying to finish my masters, which I'm currently doing with USM. What are you guys all up to? Dah habis masters dah?

Anyway, I'll talk to you soon kay! ^^