Monday 7 December 2009

Labwork... Argh!!! >_<



Life is less hectic now.
I don't like it.


Cooped up in a sterile, virtual freezer for 9 hours of the day ain't my idea of quality time. I know, I know; I made the bed, I suppose I should lie in it.. I just didn't think it would be this much work, especially considering I didn't sign up to FRIM's Forest Ecology unit just to end up right back where I started.

In that sterile, virtual freezer..

You'd never know there is a large gap in the knowledge that you possess unless you actually go out and see for yourself. That is, if you even realize there is a gap..

I know there is a gap. I'm trying hard to bridge it but I don't know where to start. Right now my life feels like a woven mat. I'm putting the seams together but for the life of me some parts keep unraveling. I weave a bit here and it comes undone there. I fix it there and it goes haywire elsewhere! Argh!!

I think I'm missing a very important link somehow. Like a glue that will keep it all together. Or a knotting technique, as the analogy might prefer.

But I also know this 'knotting technique' is difficult to learn, and hard to come by. I'm tempted at this point to just leave the messy edge and concentrate in the middle where everything looks simple and orderly.

Ceh, I'm not stupid. I know the edge is the problem. That's what needs solving. But without a lot of input I'm a little scared to try. What if things go wrong?

Or worse, what if I find I'm just not cut out for this?

2 comments:

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

You're becoming more vague with every post...

:p

Hey, I'm not coming on the 10th, I might be dropping by the next weekend instead. Let me know if you're around!

abuyusof said...

! :)