Thursday 3 December 2009

The first

"What.. are you doing here?" I asked, exhausted yet so aware of his presence.

"Nothing," he replied nonchalantly, not moving an inch from his spot on my bed, eyes fixated on some afternoon game show playing on the TV on my bedroom dresser. I was extremely glad that my place had been tidied just the day before. If not, he'd have been wading piles and piles of dirty laundry just to get to my room.

He chuckled at random, eyes still on the screen but body slowly reclining onto the warm comforter. I leaned heavily against the door jamb, partly out of weariness and partly to prevent myself from stepping any further into the room. I was suddenly fearful of broaching personal space; his or mine, I wasn't entirely sure.

My discomfort seemed lost on him, and from the look of things I wagered he was actually clueless of it. But he wasn't to be blamed. I had such relationships with men after all. I was always casual, relaxed, accepting. I was the girl they couldn't possibly fall for, but one they could brotherly love for all eternity.

For a second his gaze strayed to me, a faint questioning look playing across those beautiful twin orbs. He wasn't used to this shy, reserved version of his good friend. Under normal circumstances, his current state of unwind would not have deterred me from coming close to him.

But what a shame. I'd developed a sudden attraction to the boy now lazing so comfortably on my bed.

And oh how I fought tooth and nail with that familiar but suddenly overwhelming urge to join him..

5 comments:

Shana said...

Men! They put us thru a lot w/o even realizing it. I feel like a bloody clingfilm now.

Anonymous said...

adakah ia seekor kucing?

Opie said...

Shana,

Looking back, I think I contributed a lot to confusing myself, actually.. (-_-)

But clingfilm is right!


Darus,

Bro, only you can interpret my writings in such a way! XD

A man is a man, that's all I'm gonna say...

abuyusof said...

hoping for a twist at the end.. but maybe theres a prt 2..?

Opie said...

Abuyusof,

A twist?

That's interesting...