Sunday 18 October 2009

Conversations..

38 hours before flight check-in

Author: Hello?

Mum: When are you coming home? this really isn't a good time for you to be going off on vacation. I'm leaving for Argentina tomorrow night! I haven't packed, I need to buy shoes and toiletries and food

Author: You think I'm here on vacation!?

Mum: You could have put this off. It's not so important for you to be in Penang right now! I need help with my things! Have you taken a look at the presentation slides I sent you? did you fix it?

Author: I thought I said I'll get it done and e-mail it to you...

Mum: And when will that be? I haven't got much time! When are you meeting your supervisor?

Author: This afternoon, 3 pm.

Mum: You can still drive back to KL after that, can't you?

Author: I don't know how long the meeting will take. And If I do go back tonight, I'd have to send Ann to UKM first. It'll be too late for her to catch the komuter. Besides, I booked the hotel for two days. They don't give refunds..

Mum: You're not going to help me, are you? Kamu memang sengaja nak tinggalkan mama terkonteng-konteng dengan semua ni. Eloklah tu..

Author: ...

Click.


27 hours before flight check-in

R&R Tapah, Perak.

Author: Hello, assalamualaikum..

Mum: Where are you?

Author: Kat kedai makan.

Mum: Did you meet your supervisor?

Author: Yeah, she's really nice!

Mum: What time did you finish?

Author: *sigh* Around 4 pm..

Mum: See? You could have made it back to KL tonight! And I didn't receive anything from you in the e-mail. You didn't even look at the slides, did you.. memang tak endahkan cakap mama.

Author: ...

Mum: Esok you'll take your own sweet time driving back to KL, while I'm here handling all this by myself. Papa kamu tak boleh harap. Kamu pun *bip bip bip!*

Phone died. Forgot to bring charger.


24 hours before flight check-in


Kolej Zaaba, UKM Bangi

Pa: Hello!

Author: Hello pa... papa buat apa tu?

Pa: Tengah tengok TV. Kenapa?

Author: Nanti jangan kunci gate depan tau. Tunggu Opie balik ya.

Pa: Hah!? kamu kat mana ni?

Author: Tunggu la. Lagi 45 minit Opie sampai.

Pa: Kamu dah dekat Tanjung Malim dah!? Kenapa balik malam-malam buta macam ni? Kan tak elok

Author: Uh... Yeah... banyak kerja la. Mama buat apa tu?

Pa: Mama kamu dah berdengkur.

Author: ...


12 hours before flight check-in

Amar: Hello?

Author: Wey, bukan ke ko janji dengan mama nak balik temankan dia shopping hari ni?

Amar: aku nak balik la ni.

Author: *pissed* Takyah la balik Mar. Matahari nak tenggelam dah. Buang masa je.

Amar: Woi! aku banyak kerja la, faham tak?

Author: Ko ingat ko sorang je yang banyak kerja? Duduk sekangkang kera dari rumah suruh balik sikit punya susah! Aku yang dari Penang.. haish, tak payah balik! biar aku handle mama!

Amar: Aku memang kena balik, Long.

Author: Buat apa?

Amar: Malam ni aku ada jemputan kahwin kat damansara..

Click!


5 hours before flight check-in

One Utama, Old Wing

Author: Hello?

Amree: Wey... ko kat mana ni?

Author: Kat OU, cari kasut mama. Ko nak apa?

Amree: Wey, aku takleh nak draw duit kat CIMB la. ATM kat Dungun ni bengong.. Ko dah masukkan duit dalam akaun Bank Islam aku?

Author: Dah. Did it this morning.. lagi?

Amree: Um, mintak top-up bleh? hehe.

Click!


3 hours before flight check-in

64, Jalan Bukit Maluri 7

Safura: Hello! How was Penang?

Author: I'm not in the mood to talk about it right now..

Safura: Why? what are you doing?

Author: Packing mum's bag..

Safura: Owh.. I'm sorry. But aren't you a little late? Shouldn't she be at the airport in like.. now?

Author: *sigh* can you do me a favor, hunny? your abang Amree needs top-up, and since I can't get to the shops right now, can you buy him one? He's been giving me messages non-stop.

Safura: What!? Woman, I just topped him up not two minutes ago! The little

Author: ...


1 hour before flight check-in

KLIA, international departure area

VJ: This can't be happening.. I reminded him, dammit!

Author: Wait.. You're not going to Argentina?

VJ: I can't! He's the project director. How can I go without my boss? it's not my show! I told him over and over again that our flight is tonight, not tomorrow night! It's impossible for him to prepare now.. we've only got two hours left before departure!

Author: But VJ, that means my mum will be leaving for Argentina alone. Without you as guide..

VJ: Yes I know, and I'm sorry. But this is RM 100,000 going down the drain; that's how much we've paid for this event! Please understand; I don't want to be held responsible. I've done my part!

Author: It's okay. My mum will be okay. Right now, just brief her on what she needs to know. Give her all the information you have.

VJ: Yes.. and I'll make sure someone from the Malaysian embassy in Buenos Aires will be waiting for her at the airport when she arrives. They'll make sure she makes it safe to the hotel and to the conference the next morning.

Author: Great! She'll be fine, VJ..

VJ: I'm so sorry Dr. Ismariah. I just can't do this. I can't go..

Mum: That's okay. I'll make it. Just make sure someone from the embassy will be waiting for me in Buenos Aires, ya? that will be a big help..

VJ: I'll make damn sure!

Author: Boy, Dr. Sam is in a lot of trouble now, isn't he?


20 minutes after flight check-in

En route, North-South Expressway

Author: Hello?

Mum: P, can you try contacting VJ for me?

Author: What? But I don't have her number. Why, what's wrong?

Mum: I'm at the departure gate. The flight isn't boarding yet. I want to know something.

Author: What's that?

Mum: I mean, since she and Dr. Sam aren't coming, can I upgrade my ticket to business class?

Author: ...


9 comments:

Ann said...

Oh dear!!

so tired is it? everyone depending on u every single things.

my family much the same just that sometimes i turned out to be a merciless kaklong.

i've told them "why don't u learn do ur things by our own? i won't b around always.."

hehe~it worked on my siblings but not my mom bcoz i don't dare to say things like that..anak derhaka plak kang.

just now, it's all about helping my mom on every lil' thing..and it's not an easy role being 'lilin' all the times kan?

goshh..i wish men understand why we've become independent. ^^

Shana said...

Be strong Kak Sofie!

I know I was a little selfish when I ran off to Japan.. :P

Ann, tepat skali. Sbb laki mmg takleh diharap. Pft. Pastu nk kita gedik2 kat diorg lg. Gi mampus.

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Ahaha,

I laughed out loud at the conclusion of your post, and I laughed even louder when I read Shana's comment.

Way to go my superfox girlfriends!

Opie said...

Ann,

That do-things-on-you-own-cuz-along-won't-b-around-forever phrase never works with my siblings.. (-_-)

I think men understand (please, they're not retards).. But they just couldn't care less.


Shana,

It's not selfish to run off.. I might have done it myself if I were in your shoes! ^^

Tu sebab kita jgn gedik2.. nanti lelaki terpaksa plak gi mampus!


Ati,

Funny, I don't feel like a superfox.. more like a super ox! XD

Kecikjer said...

mwuahahahahahahaa

woman no wonder u sounded like crap when i called you..

family pains right -_-v
Hold up, i'll be back after finals for 6 months. We'll deal wit it together ne? ^_^v

p/s about the pabo going to the wedding.. Totally uncalled for >_< stressed out!

Anonymous said...

kak sufi, tq sbb robe dayah haritu.


we love u so much.


baca entry ni, lepas ni kena pikir banyak kali kalau nak mintak tolong akak. hehehehehe


hey, my mom suka madu akak tu.

abuyusof said...

a good script for a short movie.. hehehe..
spend some times at maskara short films festival at rumah pena sat 31st oct 8:00pm.. i'll be there..

Opie said...

@ Pura

Hm.. are you sure you wanna stay home while you're in practical training? it's gonna be hell.. (-___-)

Yes, the pabos are always uncalled for.. XD


@ BITMD

Aww, I love you guys too.. ^^ Tak payah fikir banyak2.. if you want my help, just ask.

Sedap kan madu tu? Nanti kalau habis cakap kat akak ek. Cari yang ori. Banyak tiruan kat pasaran..


@ Abuyusof

I have a better idea:

Paint my short movie on canvas.. Think you can take up the challenge? ;p

Where is rumah pena at?

abuyusof said...

rumah pena sebelah rumah gapena sebelah dewan bahasa.. thats all i know..