Friday 26 June 2009

Tribute

It's funny how little things that have nothing to do with me tend to affect me these days.

For example, I was driving to the office this morning, listening to Hits FM when I heard Michael Jackson died. I didn't know what I was doing in the next few seconds after that, but by the time I snapped out of it, my front bumper was almost kissing the rear bumper of my supervisor's brand new CRV.

I was beyond shocked. Out of nowhere came this huge sense of loss. For no apparent reason.

I spent the rest of the day - when not in a meeting - glued to the radio stations that played only his music. I sang along to song after song and I realized I knew every word of every single one of them. They made me remember precious bits and pieces of my childhood; something I hadn't thought of for a long, long time.

More than that, I used to believe in his words; in his faith that the world can become a better place. And for feeling this loss, I guess a big part of me still does believe.

I just wished, for all his pain and suffering, that I could let him know..

5 comments:

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

My friend cried over dinner while listening to his songs tonight.

Sadly, I missed out a lot during his era, so I couldn't really relate to it.

Nevertheless, I've always thought like other artists and geniuses, he is almost alien, non-human, transcendent.

RIP, Michael Jackson, I named my cat after you once when I was little.

Anonymous said...

sob

Opie said...

@ Ati

MJ is one of those 'inherent' things.. I don't think about him everyday but when I hear his songs I'll start feeling good about myself..

I used to dream of going to the Neverland ranch and meeting him in person! ^^


@ BITMD

*Sob Sob*

abuyusof said...

for someone who never like anything & everything about MJ.. i could never figure out why he's became so phenomenally famous.. he became someone, me & my friends love to hate.. but the news about his death dont give me no sense of triumph either..

Opie said...

@ abuyusof

I know what you mean.

Sometimes it's easier to hate rather than love something, because with hate there is no need to care or understand..

tak kenal maka tak cinta

But you can't seriously hate MJ though.. I don't think anyone really can, oppa! :)