Thursday 23 October 2008

15 Things


To the meager readers of this humble blog, I'm truly sorry for the lack of updates these past few weeks...

I've been horribly busy with responsibilities at the lab and at home: my pending research proposal, the lack of representative bat samples, my slightly demanding (albeit sweet) undergrads, the recent scrape on the front bumper my mom's brand new Myvi, the demise of my own beloved ADK and the RM1500 worth of headache it takes to fix it, rising prices in electricity-water-rukun tetangga bills, my parents' hajj trip (and my opah's temporary move to my place because of that), and my own inevitable move to Bangi...

With all the rush, it's no surprise Kak Sofie has fallen ill. Suddenly I need to sleep with the fan off (which NEVER happens when I'm in Malaysia) and I spent the whole night wondering why it was so cold. My mom was convinced I'd caught chikugunya, and became obsessed with having my blood drawn and tested! Count Caracol, this is your chance...

But seriously, the last time I felt this bad was back in Kuantan, while I was living with five wonderful sisters in a home I wish I hadn't left.. Back then I had all the warmth and support. Ah, the nights of sleeping sprawled all over the living room floor.. Wonder when we'll get to do that again ^^ Those really were the days...

And today? Well, let's just say I ran out of sick leaves before I could recover.. I'm back in the lab, writing, researching and supervising, all the while coughing till my lungs hurt. My only comfort stems from the fact that my undergrads aren't here today, and most of the RAs are on a trip to Langkawi. It's quiet around CGAT, which allows me time to catch up on some important reading, and uploading this entry.


Postscript: I've been meaning to start on a tag, but that endeavor will have to wait.. I lack the energy and positive mindset to begin it. Trust me, an entry from a sick and very moody Kak Sofie writing 15 things about herself is not something you'd want to read... Kapish?

No comments: