Monday 13 June 2011

patch of memories

This used to be just one of the many songs I knew growing up. I was too young to understand it back then, and in any case life was never that complicated to warrant deep self-reflections. But my life has changed drastically since, and I find myself surprised at how much these words have the power to suddenly - and strongly - affect me..


I took my love, I took it down..
Climbed a mountain and I turned around..
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills,
Till the landslide brought me down..

Oh mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well I’ve been afraid of changing,
'Cause I’ve built my life around you..
But time makes you bolder,
Children get older,
I'm getting older too..

So..

Take this love, take it down..
Climb a mountain and turn around..
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills,
Well the landslide will bring it down..

Well well, the landslide will bring it down..


- Landslide
By Fleetwood Mac

1 comment:

shariza said...

Salam kak sofi, sheri ni. Ktorg dah nk pindah dari rumah sekarang. ade tv akk kat sini xtau nak letak mana ni. sy dh sms akk lama dah tp no reply from u. again, hope akak response ye. tq.