Friday 15 April 2011

The State of Religiousness

In about a week, I'll be heading to the Holy Land for a short pilgrimage. This is something expected of every able Muslim, and though it isn't exactly full-blown Hajj, the thought of performing this religious deed still sets me very much on edge.

Is it normal to be terrified of God's call?

In my current life, I will admit Umrah isn't exactly high on my to-do list. I mean, there are mundane, everyday religious tasks I have yet to perfect! Surely those should be given top priority? Umrah requires dedicating all focus and intentions towards submitting to Allah SWT. Point is, how do I do that in Mecca when I can hardly achieve it five times a day, at home.. (-___-)v

We all have faith skeletons hiding in our closets. And as far as closets are concerned, mine is the walk-in kind..



1 comment:

lyana sidek said...

dear kak opie..first thing first do take this opportunity wisely...sebab bukan senang nak pegi sana..hanya yang dijemput Allah... saya pun rasa nak pegi lagi sebab nak baiki kekurangan yang ada. dan ikut pengalaman saya knowing seerah of the prophets and sahabah makes you get the feeling better.tahu tentang masjidil haram and masjid nabawi. there are a few books about that eg: kelebihan madinah dan sejarah & kelebihan makkah dan sejarah by Abdul Basit Abdul Rahman. saya dulu tak sempat nak bersiap2 jugak. salah saya sebab tak bersungguh2 cari ilmu. lepas balik umrah baru saya tersedar..and I always pray that one day i can go there again and do my very best..insyaAllah..huhu. pray for me kak opie to be duyuufurrahman (guest of Allah) again..do pray for me my dear unnie (-,_-,) I am very happy for you kak opie . luv u :)